Brand Review: Flamingo Estate Is a Whole Philosophy of Beauty

 

There are brands you buy because you need something, brands you discover because everyone seems to be talking about them, and then there are brands that feel like they have created an entire little universe you want to step inside. Flamingo Estate belongs very firmly in that last category, and the first time I came across it, I had that very specific feeling of wanting to live the life the brand was selling, even before I had decided whether I actually needed any of the products.

Flamingo Estate describes itself as a home and garden, but that barely explains what it is. At its heart is a lush orchard and pleasure garden on a California hillside overlooking Los Angeles, surrounded by plants, farmers, makers, old trees, bees, soil, sunshine and an almost romantic obsession with the natural world. The brand has built its identity around the idea that beautiful things should be made slowly, thoughtfully and with a deep respect for where they come from, which is probably why browsing Flamingo Estate feels less like shopping and more like wandering around somebody's impossibly beautiful garden while they tell you stories about everything growing there.

I think that is a big part of the appeal for women who are tired of the frantic, disposable version of beauty and lifestyle that we are constantly being sold. So much of modern consumer culture is about having everything immediately, replacing things quickly and buying the newest version before we have even finished enjoying the old one, whereas Flamingo Estate seems to be whispering something completely different: slow down, pay attention, touch the leaves, smell the rosemary, know where your ingredients came from and allow yourself to actually experience pleasure.

That philosophy extends into the products themselves, which range across body care, soaps, candles, home products, food and garden-inspired goods, with ingredients and materials sourced through a network of farmers and specialist producers. They grow sage for soap, tomatoes for candles, work with old olive trees for olive oil, harvest salt from Big Sur and keep bees for honey, and the whole concept is built around connecting the finished object with the hands, land and natural materials behind it.

There is something very satisfying about that idea because it takes an everyday object and gives it a story. A bar of soap stops being merely something sitting beside your sink and becomes a tiny reminder that plants were grown, harvested and transformed by skilled hands before eventually making their way into your bathroom. A candle is no longer just something you light when you want your apartment to smell nice, but part of a larger story about gardens, seasons and the strange luxury of bringing something grown outdoors into your indoor life.

Of course, we have to talk about the price, because Flamingo Estate is not pretending to be an affordable everyday brand, and I think it is important to acknowledge that without pretending expensive automatically means better. The brand itself openly embraces the idea that rarity, craftsmanship, quality ingredients and skilled production cost more, and there is certainly a luxury element to everything it does. I would not look at Flamingo Estate and think this is where I am going to stock up on basic household essentials without thinking about the cost, but I also don't think that is necessarily the point.

For me, the appeal is more about choosing a few beautiful things deliberately rather than turning the entire experience into another form of consumption. If I am going to spend more on something, I want there to be a reason behind it, whether that is the ingredients, the craftsmanship, the longevity, the sensory experience or simply the fact that the object brings me genuine pleasure every time I use it. Flamingo Estate understands that beautifully, although I still think we should be able to appreciate the philosophy without convincing ourselves that every expensive natural product is automatically worth its price.

What I particularly love about the brand is how strongly it embraces pleasure. There is no shame in wanting your home to smell incredible, wanting your shower to feel luxurious, wanting beautiful packaging on your bathroom shelf or wanting to buy something simply because using it makes an ordinary Tuesday feel a little more special. I think women are constantly being told that we need to justify every little pleasure, especially when it comes to beauty and home, as though wanting something beautiful automatically makes us frivolous.

Flamingo Estate almost turns that idea on its head.

Its philosophy is that pleasure can be meaningful, and I actually find that quite refreshing. There is something deeply feminine about creating little rituals around your surroundings, not because you are trying to impress anyone, but because you live there. I want the soap beside my sink to smell beautiful because I am the person using it. I want my bedroom to feel peaceful because I am the one sleeping in it. I want my kitchen to contain ingredients that make cooking feel like something I look forward to rather than another chore I have to complete.

That is where Flamingo Estate feels particularly relevant to me. It is not really selling perfection as much as it is selling attention, and those are very different things.


The brand also has a lovely connection to old-fashioned craftsmanship, farming and the idea that good things take time. We live in a world where you can order almost anything within minutes and have it arrive at your door the next day, so there is something almost rebellious about celebrating processes that cannot be rushed. Growing an olive tree takes years. Producing something from a garden depends on weather, seasons, and patience. Making something by hand requires time. Nature does not care about our deadlines, and perhaps that is part of what makes the whole Flamingo Estate philosophy so appealing.

I also love the storytelling around the brand, particularly the idea of the weekly letter from the garden written by Richard. It makes Flamingo Estate feel less like a traditional beauty or lifestyle company and more like an ongoing conversation about gardening, food, nature, creativity and the pleasure of paying attention to the world around us. That kind of storytelling can easily become pretentious when brands try too hard to sound profound, but Flamingo Estate has created a world where the garden itself is the centre of the story, which makes it feel much more grounded.

There is also something wonderfully escapist about it all. I can be sitting in my apartment looking at the same four walls I have looked at for years, scrolling through my phone and feeling like I need to completely reinvent my life. Then I see a Flamingo Estate garden, a beautiful bottle of oil, or a photograph of vegetables growing in California. Suddenly I remember that perhaps I don't need a completely different life. Perhaps I just need to notice the one I already have a little more.


That, to me, is the most interesting thing about Flamingo Estate.

It is not really about buying a bar of soap or a candle. It is about the fantasy of living more deliberately, of being surrounded by things that have a connection to nature and human hands, of making your home feel like somewhere you actually want to inhabit rather than simply the place where you keep all your stuff. Whether you can afford to fill your bathroom with Flamingo Estate products or you simply enjoy looking at the beautiful world they have created, there is something worth taking from that philosophy.
Because beauty does not have to mean extravagance. It can mean paying attention.

It can mean buying fewer things and enjoying them more. It can mean growing herbs on a windowsill, putting flowers on the table, cooking something slowly, lighting a candle while you read, taking care of a plant, buying olive oil from a producer you love, or simply making your morning shower feel like something more than another task between waking up and checking your phone.

Flamingo Estate just happens to package that philosophy incredibly well, and yes, the packaging is gorgeous enough to make me want approximately everything.


Would I buy everything from the brand? No, partly because the prices make me want to sit down and reconsider my life choices, and partly because I don't think we need to turn every beautiful philosophy into another reason to consume more. Would I happily choose one or two special things when I wanted to treat myself or make my home feel a little more beautiful? Absolutely.

For me, Flamingo Estate works best when you see it as inspiration rather than instruction. You do not need their entire collection to create a slower, more sensual, more nature-connected life. You can take the idea and make it your own, because the real luxury is not owning every beautiful thing you see online. It is learning how to find beauty in the things already within your reach.

This reminds us that pleasure does not have to be loud, rushed or constantly upgraded. It can be a garden, a scent, a meal, a warm shower, an old tree, a handmade object or a quiet moment when nobody needs anything from you.

That kind of pleasure feels worth protecting.

Thankful for your presence, Neja

Here are some of my suggestions and items that are currently on my wishlist.*

















*Affiliate links.


Comments